Far BretonFrom juliecake 7 years ago
- 2 c whole milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 5 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 t vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 t salt shopping list
- 3/4 c flour shopping list
- 1 c small or med sized prunes shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1/3 c raisins shopping list
- 1/4 c brandy shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine milk, eggs, 1/2 c sugar, butter, vanilla and salt in blender jar. Blend 1 minute. Add flour and pulse just until blended,scraping down sides of jar. Cover and chll in jar at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Combine prunes, 1/2 c water, and raisins in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until fruit is softened and water is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat. Pour brandy over fruit. Using long match, ignite brandy. Let flames burn off, shaking pan occasionally. Transfer fruit to small bow. Cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375
- Butter 8" diameter cake pan with 2" high sides. Line bottom with parchment or waxed paper. Butter paper. Dust pan with flour, shaking out excess; place on baking sheet.
- Reblend batter until smooth, about 5 seconds.
- Pour into prepared cake pan, Drop prunes and raisins into batter, distributing evenly. Bake cake on baking sheet untl sides are puffed and brown and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place piece of parchment or wax paper on flat plate.
- Sift powdered sugar onto paper. Run knife around cake in pan to loosen. Invert pan onto paper, releasing cake. Remove pan; peel off paper. Place serving plate over cake and invert. Dust top of cake with additional powdered sugar.
- Other dried fruits may be substituted for the prunes and raisins as can the alcohol used.
- Recipe and photo taken from Bon Appetit
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating4 people
This recipe looks positively delicious. Thank you for sharing with all of us.chacha in New York loved it
Very nice. The kind of meal you eat with a stiff pinky! It sounds great.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
That sound and looks, fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it