Greek Garlic ChickenFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 chickens, each cut into eighths shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 12 to 16 sprigs fresh oregano shopping list
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, halved shopping list
- fine sea salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole kalamata olives, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken pieces in single layers, skin side up, into 2 (9x13-inch) baking pans. Add onion chunks. Slice lemons in half lengthwise. Squeeze lemon halves over chicken. Cut each lemon half into 4 pieces; add to chicken.
- Set aside 4 sprigs of oregano and strip oregano leaves from rest. Scatter leaves and stripped sprigs over chicken; they will add their perfume to the dish. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and wine. Toss mixture together. Sprinkle chopped olives over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven 450-degree oven 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, or a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 180 degrees F. Transfer to a platter and garnish with whole olives and reserved oregano sprigs. .
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating12 people
Oh this sounds fantastic, I love chicken and can't get enough garlic. You should smell my house at this very minute...I've been cookin' garlic! Great recipe.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Very nice river! ty, maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Wonderful flavor blend. I'm "attempting" to grow fresh herbs. Thanks for the Post.rml in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!