No Fail Pizza CrustFrom eyecook 8 years ago
- 1 bottle beer (I use Leinenkugel honey Weiss) shopping list
- 2 T honey shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- about 4 cups of flour (you can use all white flour, a combination of white and whole wheat 1 to 1 ratio) the amount is just a guideline - you may need to use more shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 t yeast shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat beer in a pot, adding the honey and stirring to dissolve
- When it is very warm but not hot you have 2 choices - pour it into a large warmed bowl or put it in your bread maker (I use a bread machine set to 2 lb, medium loaf setting)
- Add the oil, 3 cups of the flour, the salt and the yeast. If using a machine turn it on and leave the lid open while you watch it do it's thing. If using a bowl, use the same steps and start kneadin"
- Use more flour as needed, adding it to the bread machine or bowl until dough looks right.
- It should all be uniform, and feel soft and firm and give some when you press on it.
- Let dough sit in bowl till well raised, which will not take long. In my bread machine the kneading takes 5 minutes and then I turn the machine off and let the dough sit for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- This makes one large 16" thick pizza crust. Let it raise longer and it will be 2 thin crusts!
- To form the pizza - roll into one or two balls and flatten. On a floured surface turn the dough and press - stretching it slowly without tearing.
- To make pizza - use a pizza stone OR oil a pizza pan, put the dough into it and prick all over with a fork
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 to 375 degrees for about 5 minutes - this will prevent a soggy crust when you put the pizza sauce on it. I usually sprinkle the top with pizza seasoning and drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- This dough can also be used to make calzones or panzerotti - simply roll and press out into a circle, fill, moisten edge and seal by pressing - then bake or deep fry till golden brown.
The Cookeyecook Ironwood, MI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!