Chuys Hatch New Mexican Green Chile SauceFrom tasteoftexas 10 years ago
- 3 tablespoons corn oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup onion , chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups roasted new mexican green ( (4) 4oz cans work well here)chilies ,peeled/seeded/chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy-bottomed sauce pan, saute onions in corn oil until they begin to brown.
- Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes
- Stir flour in with onions and garlic so that it thickens
- Add chopped chilies, chicken broth and salt and mix well
- Bring to a boil and simmer 20 to 30 minutes to allow mixture to reduce
- The sauce should be thick enough to bind chilies and onions together
- Sauce can be refrigerated for three days, or frozen.
- 4 Cups (approximately)
The Cooktasteoftexas TX
The Rating8 people
I am bookmarking this one for sure! It is right up my alley! Thanks for posting it.martinichef in Johnson City loved it
I was disappointed that I didn't have my usual green chili sauce at the store (sold out). With this recipe, I'll most happily make my own. Wonderful post, thank you.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
LOOOOOOVE GREEN CHILES!!!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!