Dirty Deed MeatballsFrom redkitchen 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat germ flakes shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs. veg. oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs. flour shopping list
- 1 cup half and half (or heavy cream for a slight more creaminess) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. drained capers shopping list
- 2 Tbs. grated bell pepper shopping list
- egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the wheat germ, beef, onion, egg, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, 3/4 cup of milk, oats, bell pepper, and shape into 36 meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs in hot oil
- Stir the flour into the drippings
- Add remaining milk and half and half
- Add salt to taste to gravy
- Add capers....and speaking of capers, start planning yours, honey!
- Cook slowly, stiring constantly, until thickened.
- Put meatballs in gravy and simmer
- Serve with or on noodles
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating6 people
This looks yummy - I love basics like this. = )sunny in Portland loved it
Even if you don't get the "mink", you will both have a delicious and healthy meal. (wink). Thanks for a "delicious" post. Cheers!dottiet in Woodward loved it
These sound wonderful. I love your sense of humor
I'll definately be making them. '5' for sure. Thanks for a great recipebrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!