Reuben Twice-Baked PotatoesFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 4 russet potatoes, pierced, baked and cooled enough to handle shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 1 C. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- 1 t. caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 C. corned beef, chopped (from the deli) shopping list
- 1 C. swiss cheese, shredded (Kraft makes a pre-shredded Swiss) shopping list
- 1 T. fresh chives (ehhh, you can leave these off if you don't want the expense - makes them pretty though) shopping list
- Russian dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Lenthwise, cut a 1/2" slice off the potato & set aside. Scoop out potato leaving 1/4" shell & set aside. Place shells on pan. Preheat broiler to high.
- Melt butter in skillet, saute onions. Add sauerkraut, caraway seeds & reserved scooped potato; mix and heat until mixture begins to brown. Add corned beef. Stir. Add Swiss Cheese, stir quickly, and spoon mixture into shells. Top with additional Swiss.
- Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve with Russian dressing.
- NOTE: I turn the cut off tops of the potatoes into yummy skins for a snack.