Cornbread SaladFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
- 1 package (8.5 oz.) cornbread mix shopping list
- 4 chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 large tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (color of your choice) shopping list
- 6 or 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook cornbread according to package directions
- Crumble cornbread and add all other ingredients.
- Serve over bed or leaf of lettuce
- Note: If you have leftover cornbread from another meal, use about 1 1/2 or 2 cups.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating8 people
This is really good. I had heard about it for years, but never tried it until recently. This is a good recipe.ramlynrose in Pearl loved it
I used to serve a very similar recipe at the Wildflower Cafe and everyone loved it. Hadn't thought of it in a while, I think I'll try your version.
UPDATE: Ok, that's chilling in the fridge and I threw in some celery too. Cooking a big ...moreeleven in Fort Payne loved it