Mandarin Orange Poke CakeFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges in light syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then grease a square cake pan.
- In medium bowl place flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, egg, vanilla oranges with syrup and nuts.
- Beat until smooth then pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40 minutes.
- When cake is nearly done prepare topping by combining sugar butter and milk in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then boil 30 seconds.
- Remove cake from oven then carefully poke holes in cake with tines of fork.
- Pour topping over cake then allow to cool.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
Yes i love the poke cakes actually im making one this week, for my topping i use instant vanilla pudding and cool whip mixed together, thats the way my mother used to make it.thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
wow - I never poked a cake before - this sounds great to try - and I love the zing that the mandarin must give this one! thanks for posting and giving me some ideas!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
OK, Chef - you've got me hooked on this one. I just know it will be good by reading htre recipe so I've already given it a 5! Thanks for such a good "Springy" cake to look forward to making. - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!