Potato Bacon And Corn ChowderFrom alaskanmom 7 years ago
- 5 to 6 medium to large potatoes, peeled & cubed shopping list
- 1lb bacon, fried and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 of a large red onion chopped shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. flour or cornstarch mixed with some water shopping list
- 1/2 gal. milk shopping list
- 2 cans regular style corn shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- nutmeg (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot boil the potatoes just till tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling fry up the bacon till crisp; set aside and reserve a couple of tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Drain potatoes in a strainer & let sit.
- In the bottom of the potato pot melt butter and add reserved bacon grease.
- Saute onion till tender.
- Whisk in the flour till combined; and gradually add about 1 cup of milk.
- Whisk until thickened
- Add the drained potatoes and remaining milk.
- Let simmer, but do not boil. Until it's heated through.
- About 5 to 10 minutes before serving chop up the reserved bacon, add to the pot along with the corn.
- Season with salt & pepper
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with some nutmeg.
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating5 people
Oh, yeah. This is great!luvshk in Republic loved it
My kind of soup has my 5!desertgal in Billings loved it
The bacon sounds good. I've made it without bacon, then used chicken broth and milk for the liquid.dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!