Double Chocolate Espresso CupcakesFrom c2max 6 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup double espresso, cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Garnish: raspberries or strawberries, grated dark chocolate, mint leaves shopping list
- irish cream Frosting: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese (cream cheese may be substituted), room temperature shopping list
- +/- 1¾ cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted (may need a little more or less) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons irish cream liqueur shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons grated dark chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- For cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 12 muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, sugars, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together espresso, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Pour the espresso mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Evenly distribute batter into prepared cups.
- ** Bake at 350F for 15-19 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- After 5 minutes of cooling on or in the pan, remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For Irish Cream Frosting:
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter and cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue beating until smooth, then drizzle in Irish Cream and grated chocolate - blend until smooth. Adjust sugar and cream to desired consistency for spreading. This frosting keeps for several days ahead when stored tightly covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before frosting the cupcakes. Makes about 2½ cups.
The Cookc2max Naperville, IL
The Rating6 people
I agree with wynne, then after reading it, yummers, gotta make these. You got my 5. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
sounds yummy...!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Beautiful and loaded with some of my favorite flavors. Can't wait to make and taste these babies. Thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!