Southern Fried OkraFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
How to make it
- Slice okra across
- Pour oil about 1/2 inch in skillet, cast iron works great
- Season cornmeal with salt and pepper, place in bowl or paper bag
- Place okra in cornmeal and shake bag or coat completely if using a bowl
- Heat oil to medium high and place one layer of okra in skillet. Fry until golden brown
- Remove with slotted utensil and drain on paper towls immediately.
- Note: When okra is out of season, you can use frozen, but keep frozen, do not thaw. Drop frozen and coated into hot oil.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating4 people
Amen...Southern popcorn!!!!helewes in Newton loved it
This makes me homesick for Georgia. Thanks for sharing!!!tinkishere in Olympia loved it
Thanks for sharing... I love fried okra!angelinaw in St Louis loved it