Pistachio Loaf CakeFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks) butter (if you use unsalted, add 1/4 tsp. salt) at room temperature shopping list
- 1 TB and 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup of blanched almonds (or almond flour) shopping list
- 1 cup raw pistachios shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 whole eggs, shopping list
- 1 cup of all purpose flour shopping list
- ******* shopping list
- Topping For ONE nut Loaf! shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest shopping list
- the juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped coarsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- **For TWO loaves, double the sugar to 1/2 cup and use 1/2 cup lemon juice or less. When you're reducing the glaze mixture, taste it while its cooking. If its not sweet enough, add more sugar OR if you like it more tart in flavor, add more lemon juice. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease a 2, six inch loaf pans with 4 tsp of the butter OR cover loaf pans with "Release" aluminum foil.
- Mix the almonds and pistachios and grind them using a blender, coffee grinder or food processor. Be careful as you do not want a paste!
- Beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the lemon peel and vanilla.
- Fold in the nuts and sift in the flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Spoon the batter into the pans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. If you use smaller pans, check for doness after 25 minutes using a toothpick or wooden skewer.
- Leave the baked loaves in the pans to cool completely.
- For the topping:
- Mix the lemon juice with the sugar in a small-sized pot.
- Bring to a boil until reduced to a syrup, then add the peel.
- Stir in the pistachios and pour over the loaves.
- Let the mixture seep into the loaves and allow to cool completely.
- Slice and serve!
- This is also an delicious using orange zest and juice!
People Who Like This Dish 10
- princessthunder Greer, SC
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- rasputendebarry West Los Angeles, CA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- afunnygirl Essex County, CA
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- cinnamon Beverly Hills, CA
- baker1313 Guilford, CT
- sp1nster Alexandria, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating7 people
oh nuts! Got my 5!! jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Annieeeeeeee! I made this recipe and its one of the best tasting nut breads that I've ever had. Yanno, I added the chopped pistachios on the top just like you told me to do and they were awesome! I'm really getting into the recipes that are from othe...morerasputendebarry in West Los Angeles loved it
Delicious....... I love Pistachios and is not easy to find them here..... Yummy......... Thanksberry in Winter Park loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
I Like Food83 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Seasonally Fall81 members