DHOKLAFrom saanjh143 5 years ago
- 1 cup gram flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Soda / fruit salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp yogurt (curd) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp coconut powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp Chopped green coriander leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp curry leaves shopping list
- 2 Thinly sliced green chilli shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix gram flour, 1 tbsp. oil, lemon juice, sugar, yogurt, ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt. Add boiled water just enough to make a thick smooth paste.
- Add soda or fruit salt and stir it well.
- Pour the dhokla paste into a greased vessel and steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the dhokla is done, cut it into square or diamond shape pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and sliced green chilli.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, remove the pan from heat.
- Pour this over the steamed dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves and coconut powder
The Cooksaanjh143 CHENNAI, IN
The Rating4 people
Looks fantastic. I've had dhokla at a restaurant here in town and it is great, glad to have the recipe. Thanks and keep up the great posts. You've got my 5 here.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This ia so unique and pretty I had to flagged as beautiful. You have my 5 fork rating too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!