Potato Onion Gratin By GeorgeFrom sas 7 years ago
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes peeled and sliced thin (soak in cold water if not assembling immediately). shopping list
- 1 lg yellow onion sliced thin sauteed until translucent shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 lb. plus 4 tbl. shredded gruyere cheese to sprinkle on top shopping list
- butter to saute the onion shopping list
- butter to coat the glass dish for baking shopping list
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste shopping list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees shopping list
How to make it
- Add potatoes, cream, onions, cheese and seasonings into a mixing bowl; mix well
- Place into buttered glass baking dish
- Press down on mixture firmly until level
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until the potatoes are soft and the crust is golden brown.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating13 people
This is just the recipe that I have been looking
for...I can hardly wait to make it!
Thanks....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Great post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh, I love gruyere also. Great post. You've got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!