Easy Potato GratinFrom httpmom 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place peeled and thinly sliced potatoes into a large saucepan. I use my cheap and cheerful Swissmar Borner V-Slicer Mandolin
- Cover with the milk, garlic and spices. Now is not the time to skimp on salt or pepper!
- Bring to a soft boil.
- Boil until thickened. 5 mins
- Using a pair of spring tongs, lay sliced potatoes evenly in the bottom of a big gratin dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over.
- Cover with 1/2 cup cream or half 'n half
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- Bake for 1 hour
- Let rest for 15 mins.
- This recipe was wonderful! Especially with special celebration dinners. It is very easy to make and it tasted remarkably-fantastically rich and wonderful. I didn't change a thing!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookhttpmom San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Rating4 people
Jacques is great, I like him a lot also. This recipe sounds decadent. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yummy, this sounds so good! I wish I could have seen it earlier before I cooked supper. But I was busy planting in my garden.This be on menu for Monday.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it