Sour Cream Apple PuffFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 cooking apples, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 4 large eggs separated shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- powdered sugar- shopping list
- grated nutmeg for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10 inch oven proof skillet ( I prefer my cast iron skillet ) melt butter or margarine and add sugar, sliced apples and lemon juice.
- Cook uncovered medium high heat about 10 minutes until apples have absorbed liquids and liquids are reduced almost in half.
- Remove 1/2 of apples and set aside.
- In a bowl beat yolks until thick and then beat in sour cream and extract.
- In separate bowl with clean beaters, beat whites almost stiff and then beat in sugar until whites are stiff.
- Fold whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour batter over the apples in the skillet and arrange remaining apple slices over the top of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Carefully remove pan to cooling rack.
- Dust puff with powdered sugar and a grating of nutmeg.
- For a dessert top with some whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
- This has the texture of a soufflé and will deflate.
- Then cut into 6 to 8 pie like sections and remove from pan with a pie spatula.
- The pieces will hold their shape.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Awesome recipe! My family will LOVE it!
^ 5 and thanks for sharing...
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
never made with sour cream before but now I will everytime!mintymommybee in Anderson loved it
Sounds fantastic, great for a brunch, heck anytime ...thanks for sharing!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it