Spicy Chicken Empanadas with Orange Salsa VerdeFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 can diced green chiles shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced, optional shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 rotisserie chicken, picked and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Prepared pie dough shopping list
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash shopping list
- peanut oil, for fryer shopping list
- orange salsa verde dipping sauce, recipe follows........... shopping list
- 1 jar prepared salsa verde shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saute pan, add onions, green chiles, jalapenos, garlic and cumin and saute until onions are translucent.
- In large bowl combine chicken, lime juice and cilantro. Add the
- onion-chili mixture and mix. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a 4-inch ring mold, cut circles from prepared pie dough. Put
- about 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in center of dough. Brush egg wash around circumference of the dough. Fold top half over to form a half circle. Seal with the tines of a fork.
- Heat a deep-fryer to 325 degrees F. with peanut oil. Submerge a few
- empanadas into oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Cool slightly and serve with Orange Salsa Verde dipping sauce.
- Cook's Note: Make sure to flip so both sides cook evenly.
- Orange Salsa Verde:
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating7 people
These sound fantastic. Great post. 5 here.chefmeow in Garland loved it
OH YES I WANT THEM NOW HUNGRY HAVENT EATEN YET TODAYminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OMG! My Step-Grandmother was from Santiago, Chile and made empanadas from scratch. I never got the recipe from her. (When you're a kid, you tend to take things for granted.) I have since searched for various empanada recipes and THIS one sounds g...morechihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!