Banoffee PieFrom ruskingirl 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3 large bananas shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with softened butter and press mixture into 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 300 degrees F for the toffee filling.
- To create toffee filling, caramelize the sweetened condensed milk. Pour the condensed milk into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil and place dish inside a larger poaching pan. Add water to poaching pan until half way up sides of baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Once both the crust and toffee filling are cooled, spread half of the filling evenly inside crust. Slice the bananas and layer on top of filling. Pour remaining half of filling over bananas, spreading evenly. Whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla and spread on top of toffee filling and bananas.
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating8 people
Sounds wonderful! Love anything Paula Deen.. got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
my favorite!magali777 in Mexico loved it
I love her show! I get about 20 recipes from her site, a week.Some how I missed this one. And it sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it