RacletteFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- 8 small/medium potatoes shopping list
- 24 oz / 700g Raclette cheese (one wedge, or you can buy it already sliced) shopping list
- 1 jar cornichons (baby gherkins) shopping list
- 4 small onions (or shallots) shopping list
- 24 slices salami or ham shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- crusty bread (French bread,etc.) cut into 2 inch thick slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, or oven broiler (if you don't have a raclette grill).
- Peel the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for 18 mins or until they are cooked firm, but not mushy. Keep the potatoes warm by pouring out the water from the pot and covering the potatoes in the pot with a lid.
- Remove the rind (outer surface) from the cheese (use a sharp knife).
- Slice 3/4 inch (2mm) thick slices, or thinner if preferred, from the block.
- Place on a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
- Arrange cornichons, onions, bread and salami/ham on a platter and set aside until required.
- When ready to serve, set table and place raclette grill in the center of your table.
- Place cooked potatoes on top of raclette grill in metal bowl or saucepan with lid to keep warm.
- Place gherkins, onions and cheese on table.
- Turn on raclette grill to heat up (takes only a minute or two).
- Each guest takes a slice of cheese, places it in their pan and slides it under the raclette grill to melt. (It takes approximately 2 mins to melt to a creamy consistency and 3 mins for a more crispy top).
- In the meantime, take a potato, place onto your plate and cut it into a few pieces.
- Add some cornichons, meat, an onion and some bread to your plate.
- Take out the pan from under the grill once it's reached it's preferred consistency. Hold the pan onto its side to scrape the cheese out using a wooden spatula. (Non- stick pans will allow the cheese to just slide off.)
- Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
- *Without a raclette grill:
- Place a slice of cheese on an ovenproof dinner plate and place 4 inches below broiler element.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Place cheese on an ovenproof dinner plate, place in oven to melt cheese (that's how I used to do it!)
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating4 people
Way cool... I love racllette cheese. Now my mouth is watering for it again. I haven't been to a Raclette party forever.. They were lots of fun. I like the ingredients you chose. Great post... Jim .... ;-)~
jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Fantabulous.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
The recipe sounds interesting. It sure sounds good!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!