Stuffed Portobello MushroomsFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 1 tsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb. sweet turkey sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley shopping list
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 1 lb.), stems removed and wiped clean shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet. Crumble the sausage into the skillet and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until the sausage is browned and no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in cream cheese, tomato, cheddar cheese, parsley and hot pepper sauce until blended.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet. Fill the cavity of each mushroom with the sausage mixture, mounding it slightly.
- Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is hot, about 25 minutes.
- Cut each mushroom into four wedges. Serve immediately.
- Serving = 2 wedges = 86 calories/2 points.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating10 people
Wow, I wish I could eat this right now, and I think I'd eat this as a main dish (as I wouldn't want to share any)!! Thanks for this great postasheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
Fantastic, I've got the mushrooms heading to the store for the sausage!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
I like mushrooms but never have tried stuffed so I am trying this one.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it