Classic Diner Tuna MeltFrom marky90 9 years ago
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 pinch sugar (secret hint) shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 slices seedless rye bread ( Or your favorite) shopping list
- 8 slices ripe tomato shopping list
- 8 slices Swiss or cheddar cheese (or both!) shopping list
- Fresh dill or Kosher pickle! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, parsley, sugar and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet, and broil 1 minute in the preheated oven, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and spread with the tuna salad. Place 1 cheese slice over the tuna salad on each piece of bread, layer with a tomato slice, and top with remaining cheese slices.
- Return layered bread to the preheated oven, and broil 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating6 people
This sounds so good and I love rye bread, I'm also with you I don't like warm tuna, good job ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
Sounds yummy! I like tuna cold or warm, both are good to me...thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Love it - and a classic! Thanks Marky....lunasea in Orlando loved it