Parsnip FriesFrom hollymayb 9 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and cut parsnips into "fries" or wedges.
- Bring salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Parboil parsnips for about 5 minutes, or as necessary depending on how big your fries are. You'll want them mostly cooked. Plunge fries into cold water to stop cooking.
- Empty pot of water, dry and add 2 inches of peanut oil. Heat over high heat until shimmering.
- Dry parsnips and lower into hot oil in batches. Fry until golden brown (about 5 minutes), stirring occationally to keep them from sticking together.
- Remove to paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve hot with ketchup and vinegar.
The Cookhollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
The Rating6 people
Looks like you did a very good job for your first time. Lord, you should have seen some of my first time things, our dog would not even eat them! I have never tasted Parsnip Fries but sounds very good.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Looks delicious!orangeskipper in Redding loved it
I love fresh Parsnip fries this way.
You got my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!