Chocolate Mint Layer Cake With Mint Cream Cheese FrostingFrom jovi_nutt 5 years ago
- 2 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk, hot shopping list
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, hot shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 5 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. ( 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch baking sheet with waxed paper. Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk in milk and melted butter, then the eggs and 3/4 tsp extract. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Using electric mixer beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 tsp extract in large bowl to blend.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Turn cake onto work surface. Peel off paper. Cut cake crosswise in half. Using spatula, place 1 cake half on platter; spread with 2 cups frosting. Top with remaining cake half. Spread reamaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Enjoy!!
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookjovi_nutt Newtown, PA
The Rating13 people
Great and relatively easy to make! The flavor reminds me of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies...yum!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I GIVE IT A FIVE THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Like Mini a HIGH 5 from me too!auntybea in Vernon loved it