Baked Macaroni and Cheese SpecialFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 quarts rapidly boiling water shopping list
- 2 cups elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 8 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup soft fresh fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges shopping list
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water. shopping list
How to make it
- Add macaroni gradually so that water continues to boil.
- Cook uncovered stirring occasionally until tender then drain in a colander.
- Combine cheeses and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan then remove from heat.
- Stir in bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter then stir in flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly then reduce heat to low.
- Stir in milk gradually then cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and add remaining cheese mixture and stir until cheeses are melted.
- Add macaroni and stir well then pour into casserole and sprinkle crumb mixture around edges.
- Cover with foil then bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven then increase temperature to broil.
- Remove foil from casserole then place tomato wedges over macaroni mixture.
- Place under broiler and broil until crumbs are lightly browned.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Recipe Saved!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
My daughter would have a fit if we don't have Macaroni And Cheese at our family dinners. This recipe sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!