Pork Chops in Tomato SauceFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3Tbs red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 4tsp extra -virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1tsp dried basil shopping list
- 4(1/4lb.) boneless center-cut pork loin chops,trimmed shopping list
- 1/2tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1(8oz)can tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Mince 3 of the garlic cloves,transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar,2tsp oil,oregano,and basil. Add the pork and toss to coat. Remove the pork from the marinade;discard the marinade. Pat pork dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Heat 1tsp of the oil in large non-stick skillet over med-high heat,add the pork and cook until browned,about 3 mins. on each side. Transfer the pork to a plate and set aside.
- Mince the remaining clove of garlic. Heat remaining 1tsp oil in the same skillet over med-high heat. Add the onion,bell pepper and garlic;cook till vegetables begin to soften,about 3 mins. Add the tomato sauce and reserved pork;turn the porkto coat with the sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer until an instant read thermometer inserted in the side of each chop registere 160 for medium,about 5 mins.