Easy Baked Vegetable Medley With Bread ToppingFrom zanna 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic,if you want shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (IF use canned,drain the juices. I like fresh ones in it.) shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 1/2 cup water or chichen stock shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 cups 1/2- to 3/4-inch torn fresh white bread cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 8 x 8 x 2-inch casserole dish.
- Heat canola oil in 10-inch skillet.
- Add onions,garlic. Sauté until limp.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, mixed vegetables, water, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook over medium to medium-low heat until vegetables are done, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated.
- Stir cornstarch into tomato mixture.
- Spoon into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle bread cubes evenly over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden and crisp.
- Serving quantity: Serves 6.