Hobees Sour Cream and Blueberry Coffee CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c flour (-sifted shopping list
- 1 c sugar, granulated shopping list
- 2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 ts baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 ts salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 ts vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 c blueberries, fresh, shopping list
- optional (or other fruit, or nuts such as walnuts) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 5 tb sugar, granulated shopping list
- 2 tb butter shopping list
- 1/2 ts cinnamon, ground shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, resift sift flour with baking power, baking
- soda, salt and about 1 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream
- and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Oil a 9-inch square baking pan
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- If you are using fruit or nuts, scatter them over the batter and stir a little bit so that they stay in the top layer.
- In a small bowl, mix about 5 T sugar with the butter
- and cinnamon with a sturdy fork, until they are blended and resemble cornmeal (i.e., you should have a mixture of fine crumbs, not a smooth mixture).
- Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a clean toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Cool slightly; serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Very Interesting and sounds deliciousherby in Albany loved it
Made this for hubby this morning and he gives it a high 5....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Great recipe!pleclare in Framingham loved it