Hobees Sour Cream and Blueberry Coffee CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c flour (-sifted shopping list
- 1 c sugar, granulated shopping list
- 2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 ts baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 ts salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 ts vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 c blueberries, fresh, shopping list
- optional (or other fruit, or nuts such as walnuts) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 5 tb sugar, granulated shopping list
- 2 tb butter shopping list
- 1/2 ts cinnamon, ground shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, resift sift flour with baking power, baking
- soda, salt and about 1 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream
- and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Oil a 9-inch square baking pan
- Spread the batter in the pan.
- If you are using fruit or nuts, scatter them over the batter and stir a little bit so that they stay in the top layer.
- In a small bowl, mix about 5 T sugar with the butter
- and cinnamon with a sturdy fork, until they are blended and resemble cornmeal (i.e., you should have a mixture of fine crumbs, not a smooth mixture).
- Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a clean toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Cool slightly; serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Great recipe!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Made this for hubby this morning and he gives it a high 5....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Very Interesting and sounds deliciousherby in Albany loved it