Shrimp Rangoon With Chili-garlic Dipping SauceFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp.. fresh ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened (8-oz.) shopping list
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- Salt to taste shopping list
- 3/4 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, diced shopping list
- 30 wonton wrappers shopping list
- peanut oil shopping list
- CHILI-garlic DIPPING SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 2 tsp.red pepper flakes or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pulse cilantro, scallions, ginger and sugar in a food processor until minced.
- Add cream cheese, lime juice and salt, pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in shrimp.
- Arrange a few wontons on a work surface.
- Place 2 tsp. shrimp mixture in the center of each wrapper, moisten with water and fold to form a triangle, pressing to seal.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet, repeat with remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture.
- Heat 1" peanut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Fry Rangoon in batches until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute.
- Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- CHILI-GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE:
- Simmer 1/2 cup sugar, water, vinegar 1 Tbsp. garlic and salt in small saucepan over medium heat.
- When sugar is dissolved, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the consistency of maple syrup, about 10 minutes.
- Off heat stir in pepper flakes.
- Remember to seal really well because leakage from the Rangoons cause the hot oil to splatter.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- 3gdogs Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- jencathen TX
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- divaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- drbhka KANSAS CITY, KS
- cobblers Westerville, OH
- lura Welcome To, KS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating8 people
simply a perfect posting - love the crab ones, got to give the shrimp ones a try thanks for posting this, I will definitely try these for my next party!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
My kids like shrimp so will have to test theses on them Ha Sounds goodmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I like this recipe. I've always eaten or made crabmeat rangoons, but this sounds like a great alternative to the crab. And frankly a bit easier on the budget. Fresh lump crab is expensive.jencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!