Roasted Acorn SquashFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 acorn or butternut squash shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil(optional shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 1/2c brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. Amaretto shopping list
- 8 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1/2lb. crushed pignoli cookies,almond biscotti or vanilla wafers shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Split the squash in half and scrape out seeds with a spoon. Set squash halves,cut side up,on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizle wit extra virgin olive oil,if desired. If squash are very large,cut lenthwise into quarters.
- In a bow,cream the butter with the sugar and almond liquor. With brush or spoon,coat the cut sides of each squash half with butter mixture and put 2 sage leaves on top of each. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Bake till tender 30-35 mins,bastin every 15 mins. with any remaining butter.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
What a super twist on the norm for Acorn Squash!! I can't wait to try this...I serve Acorn Squash all during the fall in MI...a family favorite. Thank you for posting!gramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
Sure have a winner with this Squash recipe. Amaretto and wafers. Awesome.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!