Balsamic Onions and Blue Cheese SaladFrom ruskingirl 8 years ago
- 3 small red onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbl. good balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 Tbl. minced shallots (2 large) shopping list
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 - 1 pound crumbly blue cheese (such a Maytag) shopping list
- 2 heads red-leaf lettuce, washed, spun dry and torn shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the onions in half and slice 1/4 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet and toss with 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Bake for 12 -15 minutes, until the onions are tender. Remove from the oven, toss with 2 more Tbl.l balsamic vinegar, and let cool to room temp.
- To make the dressing, whisk the shallots, mustard, red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a small bowl. While whisking, add 3/4 cup olive oil until the dressing is emulsifies. Mash 1/4 lb. blue cheese with a fork and add it to the dressing.
- To assemble, toss enough lettuce for 6 people with dressing to taste. Place the lettuce on 6 plates and arrange the onions on top. Coarsely crumble the rest of the cheese on top. Sprickle with salt and pepper and serve.
The Cookruskingirl Harrison Twp
The Rating6 people
I love the Barefoot Contessa, so I know this will be awesome! Thanks for sharing. ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
I love anything blue cheese, high 5!midgelet in Eastern loved it
This has to be good. Great flavors going on here. Ina strikes again. Great post. Have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!