Pumpkin Cheese Praline BarsFrom henrie 7 years ago
- For pumpkin batter: shopping list
- 1 cup Packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter -- (1 stick) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- For cream cheese batter: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese -- room temperature shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- For topping: shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter -- (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup Chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil; brush pan with softened butter.
- Prepare pumpkin batter; Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking powder and baking soda for about 30 seconds, until evenly combined. Add butter, eggs and pumpkin; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, until smooth. Scrape bowl with rubber spatula. Add flour all at once; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, until flour is evenly blended in.
- Pour half the pumpkin batter into prepared pan. Reserve other half in a small bowl, scraping mixing bowl well.
- Using the same mixing bowl, prepare cream cheese batter: Beat cream cheese, egg and vanilla on medium speed for abut 2 minutes, until fluffy and smooth. Add sugar; beat on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Spread cream cheese batter over pumpkin batter in pan. Pour reserved pumpkin batter over cream cheese layer. Using a rubber spatula, cut through the batter several times through the length of the pan, then through the width of the pan, to create a marbled effect.
- Prepare topping: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes, until fluffy and light in color. Add flour and pecans; beat on low speed for about 1 minute. The mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over marbled batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, reversing the baking pan halfway through
- baking time. When done, the topping will have begun to brown and the top will feel slightly firm when touched gently with your fingertip.
- Remove from oven; let cool completely on wire rack; cut into bars.
- Store cooled bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the
- refrigerator, or wrap tightly and freeze for up to 2 months.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
wow henrie youve posted 7 so darn fast you fingers must be on fire girl lol.....great job today...... need one more hahahahahahminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I agree with all the above!! lol... got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it