Brown Sugar Pound CakeFrom dixiediner 5 years ago
- brown sugar pound cake shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 2 ½ cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional) shopping list
- powdered sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch (10-cup) tube pan* and flour with 3 tablespoons flour.
- Sift remaining 2½ cups flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add brown sugar gradually and continue beating until light and loose, about 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with 1 cup evaporated milk. Stir in rum until just mixed. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert onto plate. Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
- *A 10-cup Bundt pan also can also be used; bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating10 people
Can't go wrong with this one! Great post!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
sounds delicious! I wish I had a slice now! My oven is in need of repair...so maybe I'll be getting a new one! yeah!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh my, now I was going to do a lemon tart this weekend, and now you have presented me with something that takes a couple of sticks of butter and brown sugar - which happens to be a fave combo of mine... what to do, what to do...lol
great post - ...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Piece Of Cake375 members
Back To Basics345 members
Southern Essentials223 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks553 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members