Lemon Buttermilk Cake With Lemon Curd SauceFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups sugar-divided shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice-divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs(store-bought is fine) shopping list
- lemon curd Sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs-lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 grated lemon rind shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter-softened shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl,beat butter until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar. Beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time,beating after each addition.
- Combine flour,soda,and salt. Add to butter mixture alternating with buttermilk,beginning and ending with flour. Mix at low speed after each addition.
- Stir in rind and 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Butter a 12-cup bundt pan and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until inserted wood skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
- In a small saucepan,combine the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice. Cook over medium low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Prick cake with long wooden skewer.
- Slowly pour lemon juice mixture over cake.
- Cool completely.
- Lemon curd sauce:
- Combine first 4 ingredients in top of a double boiler. Bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook,stirring constantly,until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add butter one tablespoon at a time. Whisk until blended.
- Chill if desired.
- Serve with cake.
- If you don't have a double boiler,use a saucepan with a thick heavy bottom. Cook on medium low,stirring constantly and watch closely to keep mixture from burning.
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating8 people
VERY YUMMY THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
HA HA YOU FIXED IT BEFORE I TYPED IT LOLminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds so good,adding to lemon group.Thanks:0zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it