Roasty Toasty Coconut Curry CauliflowerFrom maggiehc 8 years ago
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (~3 cups of pieces) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, optional shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pull apart or chop cauliflower into 1 inch pieces (about the size of a large grape).
- Grease or oil a baking sheet with the coconut oil (Optional: line the sheet with foil or parchment paper)
- Mix together the coconut flakes, curry powder, salt, and cayenne. You can do this in a bowl or an easier way is to use a gallon sized zip-top bag.
- Beat the egg white in a medium bowl just until frothy (~30 seconds).
- Toss the cauliflower in the egg white until evenly coated. Place the egg white coated cauliflower in the bag or bowl with the coconut and spices. Toss again until the cauliflower is coated.
- Empty the bag or bowl onto the greased baking sheet. Gently, to not dislodge too much coconut, spread the cauliflower into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Gently turn the cauliflower again leaving it in a single layer. Roast an additional 10 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Remove and eat. Some of the spiced coconut will have fallen off and formed toasty clumps, serve these as a garnish on top.