Curried Butternut Squash And Walnut With Angel HairFrom trigger 5 years ago
- 1 pound of butternut squash shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup of walnut halves shopping list
- 1/2 pound of angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup of onion minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup of white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of sea salt shopping list
- a few grinds of black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder shopping list
- 6 quarts of cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Peal half of a small butternut squash and chop into half inch cubes
- smash the garlic clove with the side of your knife separate the skin and mince the garlic.
- Peal and mince enough onion to make for 1/4 cup
- In a small pot place the butternut squash and cover with water
- heat until it comes to a boil
- boil the squash for 5 minutes only.
- In the mean time in a separate pot with 6 quarts of water bring to a boil
- add the sea salt and add the Angel Hair
- Boil pasta for two minutes only, it will be a little on the stiff side.
- In a small pan start the sauce by adding the Olive oil and sunflower oil to the pan add the garlic and the walnuts and the spices cook for 5 minutes add the wine
- Remove the butternut squash with a slotted spoon and reserve the water
- Add the squash and a cup of the reserved water from the squash.
- Add the Angel Hair to the pan with the squash and cook for a few minutes to reduce some of the water.
- Plate the squash and pasta and top with some cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating6 people
This is a great recipe. I have never used nutritional yeast. What is it exactly? I want to make sure it has no bee pollen in it as I am allergic. I'm sure it doesn't, but just in case!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
One word...YUM! Thanks for sharing it. ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Fantastic recipe! Makes me hungry.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Garden Harvest90 members
30 Minute Meals13 members
Italian Group93 members
To Your Health74 members
Organic And Natural148 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
You Are What You Eat56 members
The Unbroken Circle 335 members