Carmelized Red Onion SandwichFrom culinarypasha 5 years ago
- 1Whole red onion shopping list
- 1cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper (to season) shopping list
- 6oz of Mozzarella shopping list
- 1Whole Vine Ripe tomato shopping list
- 12 basil leaves shopping list
- (Optional) Balsamic Vinegratte shopping list
- (Optional) Baked prosciutto (Very Crunchy) shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the Skin from the red onion and make 6 Disks (Including every layer of onion)
- In a Medium Baking pan pour the balsamic vinegar and place the onion in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 4 hours
- After Marinating for 4 hours Slice Mozzarella into 12 pieces and the tomato into 6 as well.
- Heat the grill until it becomes warm. Place each disk on the grill and cook it until it is caramelized while alternating flipping it until each side is caramelized.
- When done turn of the grill and place 2 mozzarella slices on each onion and cover the grill for 2 minutes. Take them out and put them on a presentable dish and top it with 1 slice of tomato and 2 basil leaves.
- Garnish with Baked Prosciutto and Drizzle with Vinegratte