Klops mit Milchsosse Meatballs with Milk GravyFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- cooking oil shopping list
- Meatballs: shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 small cooking onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 cup soda cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork shopping list
- 2 tbsp. milk shopping list
- Gravy: shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat large, non-stick skillet to medium-high. Add cooking oil liberally so it covers the bottom of the skillet. (We always used bacon fat at home, so use it if you have it -- the flavour is delicious!)
- Don't let the skillet dry out, if it does, add more oil or fat.
- Mix meat, cracker crumbs, onion, garlic, egg, milk, salt and pepper. Shape meat mixture into 6 meatballs. Press between your palms to flatten so they aren't round (easier to flip once and brown both sides).
- When cooking oil is hot, add patties to skillet. Watch temperature carefully so patties don't burn. When very brown on bottom, flip and brown the other side well.
- Once both sides of patties are brown, turn heat down to medium-low and cook until patties are no longer pink in centre (you'll have to check one by making a small slit).
- Remove patties from skillet. Turn heat back up to medium-high and add the flour to the drippings in the skillet. Once the flour is frothing, add the beef broth and stir until bubbling. Add the milk and salt and pepper and stir until bubbling. Bubble for about 1 minute and then turn heat down to low. If gravy is too thick, add more milk. If too thin, mix a tsp. of flour with a couple of tsp. of milk and add, stirring until mixed and thickened.
- Serve klops with boiled potatoes and gravy on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating5 people
Thanks, Jill sweetie - sounds wonderful! *hugss*
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Yes definately comfortable food at its best. I too love cooking in bacon fat!kidaria in BC loved it
I have been craving meatballs and gravy for a long time. Thanks for the recipe.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it