Oatmeal Cake With Broiled Coconut ToppingFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal, uncooked shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, optional (I have never used this, as I prefer the pure flavor of the cinnamon) shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk or half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced pecans shopping list
- 1 cup coconut shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine boiling water, oatmeal and butter; let stand 20 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs and beat well, by hand or with a mixer.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and beat together well.
- Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until you can gently press the top of the cake with your finger and the top springs back.
- Allow cake to set on a rack for 10 minutes, then spread the topping over the top of the cake and broil until topping is bubbly and coconut begins to brown.
- Cool completely before covering the cake.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Mix all ingredients together well in a medium bowl.
- Spread topping over warm cake.
- Broil as directed above.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- bbbutts Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- blueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- pleasantvalleycabins Logan, US
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- henrie Savannah, GA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- michellem Idaho, ID
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
yummy my mom used to make this delishminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is exactly the way my grandma and mother made it. That broiled topping is soooooo delicious...oh yeah. I am going to make this either today or tomorrow. It's been ages and I'm totally craving it now. Can't wait! Thanks, Krum sweetie!lunasea in Orlando loved it
The oatmeal cakes are almost alike but never tried the icing like that. I sounds good made like that.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!