Le GibassierFrom noir 6 years ago
- Preferment: bread flour 145g, milk 75g, egg 25g, instant yeast .25g - combine, cover and ferment at room temp overnight. shopping list
- Formula: bread flour 536g, shopping list
- egg 175g, shopping list
- Granulated sugar 134g, shopping list
- salt 10g, shopping list
- instant yeast 26g, shopping list
- butter 100g, shopping list
- olive oil 88g, shopping list
- orange blossom water (or oil) 33g (or 10g), shopping list
- water 50g (73g if w/orange oil), shopping list
- anise seed 8 g, shopping list
- candied orange peel 97g, shopping list
- Preferment 245g. shopping list
How to make it
- Pour liquids, then preferment into a mixer. Add dry ingredients except candied fruit and anise seed. Incorporate all slowly for about 4 minutes, mix for 2 minutes more briskly, then slowly add softened butter.
- When a nice dough window can be formed, add the dried fruit and anise seed. Place rounded dough into oiled bowl, cover so no crust forms, and ferment for 1.5-2 hours.
- Scale into 100g increments, bench rest for 20 minutes.
- Shape into torpedoes and press flat. Cut appropriate design into them, place on parchment-lined pan and proof for approximately 1.5 hours. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Brush with melted butter and toss in granulated sugar, let cool, consume with glee!!
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
I haven't tried making these in about 20 years! I'm looking forward to trying your friend's recipe! Thank you for sharing it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
OMG! These are fabulous! This is a recipe is a well kept secret...if I could give you a '10' I would for this.shuga in United States loved it
These look sinful!smooch in America loved it