Almond Petits FoursFrom lor 6 years ago
- almond Cake shopping list
- .5 packages (3-1/2 ounces) almond paste shopping list
- .5 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- .5 cups butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- .5 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- .25 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- .25 teaspoons salt shopping list
- Fondant Glaze: shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up shopping list
- 5 Tablespoons milk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- A pinch salt shopping list
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar shopping list
- Blue, pink, green, and/or yellow paste food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Almond Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour 24 mini muffin-pan cups.
- Crumble almond paste into food processor bowl with knife blade attached.
- Add granulated sugar and pulse until almond paste is finely ground.
- Add butter and process until smooth.
- Add eggs and process until combined, occasionally stopping processor and scraping side of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, and process until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin-pan cups, filling almost to top.
- Bake cakes 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched with finger.
- Cool cakes in pans on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Invert cakes from pans onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Fondant Glaze:
- In microwave-safe medium bowl, heat butter in microwave oven on High about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in milk, corn syrup, and salt, then stir in confectioners' sugar until glaze mixture is smooth.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons white glaze for decorating tops of petits fours; cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Divide remaining glaze into desired number of custard cups; tint with choice of food coloring.
- Decorate petits fours: If necessary, trim rounded sides of cakes so they will sit flat.
- Set cakes, still on wire rack, over waxed paper.
- Spoon tinted glazes over cakes as desired, allowing glaze to run down sides and drip onto waxed paper.
- If necessary, use small metal spatula to spread glaze evenly over tops and sides of cakes.
- Allow glaze to set, about 25 minutes.
- When glaze on cakes is set, spoon reserved white glaze and remaining tinted glazes into separate heavy-duty self-sealing plastic bags, with corners snipped to 1/8-inch opening; use to pipe dots, lines, pretty designs, and/or letters on top of cakes.
- Allow designs to dry completely.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
These always look like tiny packages of sweetness. Thanks for sharing!
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Love the recipe...love the almond paste...never had a recipe for these but have it now thanks to you....joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
this sounds great Lor!iffyo in loved it