Moms Moist Broasted ChickenFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- I fryer chicken cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 quart buttermilk shopping list
- 6 tbsps hot sauce (adjust to your desired flavor) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic smashed and mashed shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 -3 tbsp cayene pepper shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 cups panko shopping list
- oil - canola or safflower shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken pieces into buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, pepper and smashed garlic. Make sure you work the buttermilk into the chicken pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for anywhere from one hour to 24 hours. (I took the skin off of the chicken breasts, left the skin on the smaller pieces.)
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, do not dry, just let the buttermilk drip off. Combine flour with cayene salt and pepper, dredge each piece through the flour - in a seperate plate add your panko place each piece of chicken into the panko and press into the chicken.
- Heat the oil to 300 - 325 degrees place the chicken into the oil and allow to cook without turning for the first 8 minutes, turn and when you have completed the turn check the internal temp of the chicken it should be between 140 and 145 - place onto paper towel to drain any excess oils - place into the oven for 15 minutes at 325. Your internal temp should be 160 degrees.....enjoy!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating9 people
A keeper.........Thanbks to you and Mom,Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
So THAT is what Broasting is?? Almost every small town cafe in Wisconsin serves Chicken they call "Broasted" yet in 20 years, I have never found a waitress who could actually tell me how it was cooked...LOL Fried/steamed, Frie...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
The name of your recipe sure caught my attention! I've never heard of "broasted" anything. I love the ingredients and your recipe is a "5" all the way!
Thank you for sharing.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!