Cajun Smothered CornFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 strips bacon cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 cup onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 rib celery finely minced shopping list
- 2 medium clove garlic peeled and minced shopping list
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels thawed shopping list
- 1 cup canned tomatoes broken up shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Put bacon into saucepan then set over medium heat and fry until crisp.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Crumble bacon then set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic to pan.
- Sauté 3 minutes then cover pan and cook 5 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes, paprika, basil, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add bacon and lime juice then stir 1 minute and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
Sounds great.lovemybirds in Dayton loved it
I love this, its so different than most side dishes. Your friend gets my 5!!!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
This sounds like it will be "right at home" on our dinner table. Thanks "BIG" time. - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!