Sauerkraut BallsFrom verondear 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cook hot ground pork sausage and onion in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until sausage is evenly brown and onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix sauerkraut and cream cheese in the sausage mixture.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours.
- Mix egg in another small bowl.
- Place seasoned bread crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Roll the chilled sausage mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Dredge sausage balls one at a time in the egg mixture and the bread crumbs.
- Bake sausage balls in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown (approximately 15 minutes)
The Cookverondear Akron, OH
The Rating7 people
Hi there! I made this mixture up last night and let it chill overnight to finish tonight. They are incredible and delicious! I used Bavarian sauerkraut to get the caraway punch. I also added 2 diced (seeded and ribbed) jalapenos and 1/4 diced red...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
These were excellent! My family all loved them. I liked the fact that they weren't fried. Thanks for the great recipe!!lorialehmann in Detroit Lakes loved it
OH YEAH...these sound amazing! I love Lacrenshaw's idea of using kielbasa! I think dipping them in mustard would be perfect! Okay...I'm definitely trying these soon! Thanks Luna, for telling us about this in the 'I Made It' group!!!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it