Roasted Red Pepper Soup with FetaFrom nikchick 8 years ago
- 2 (16-ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- salt and cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place red peppers in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and until liquid is released, about 3 minutes. Stir in thyme, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Add red pepper puree and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add milk and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in basil. Season to taste with sale and cayenne. Ladle soup into bowls and top with feta. Serve warm or chilled.
The Cooknikchick Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
I like the idea of the pre-roasted peppers as an option to roasting your own when in a time crunch. Thanks for the post. It sounds great and gets my 5.shawdowsmom in Fennville loved it
That sounds bomb diggity!bostyn in San Diego loved it
I love roasted peppers and often roast my own home grown. Can't wait to try this recipe when the peppers get ready for reaping. Soups are my favorite. I love to sprinkle feta cheese on our gazpacho. Great idea.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!