Indonesian Beef Curry and Coconut RiceFrom nikchick 8 years ago
- Curry: shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds lean top round, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed shopping list
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- Rice: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice shopping list
- 1 cup light coconut milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare curry, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Place half of the beef in skillet; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned. Remove the beef from pan. Keep warm. Repeat process with the remaining beef.
- Lower heat to medium; add oil to pan. Add shallots, ginger, garlic, and chiles; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in coriander, salt, cumin, cloves, pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return beef to pan. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Discard cinnamon stick; stir in juice.
- To prepare rice, bring 1 1/4 cups water and remaining ingredients to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
The Cooknikchick Seattle, WA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!