Fake Pecan PieFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup crunchy nutlike cereal nuggets shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter or regular margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Unbaked 9" pie shell shopping list
- sweetened whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cereal and warm water in bowl.
- Let stand until water is absorbed.
- Beat together eggs and sugar in bowl until well blended, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt; blend well.
- Stir in cereal mixture and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in 350*F oven 50 minutes, or until filling is puffy.
- Cool on rack.
- To serve, top with puffs of sweetened whipped cream.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Note: You might try using a cereal like Post Grape-Nuts.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
I've had this before and it is scrumptious. Great post, thanks for bringing back a great childhood memory. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
loving this one! We love nuts and imitation nuts...grape nuts! Delicious!jett2whit in Union City loved it
How delightful - I love your recipes, m'dear! Thank you....lunasea in Orlando loved it