Oreo Cream Cheese Brownie BarsFrom earthwatersunwind 5 years ago
- Crust: (1) 1 lb 2 oz package Oreos--you will need 14 oz of this, so two full "rows", plus 4-5 cookies leftover, kept aside shopping list
- 4 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- Top Layer: 2.5 oz cake flour (1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3 oz 70% dark chocolate chips (1 cup) shopping list
- 6 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 cup minus 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Filling: 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 4 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 4 tbsp cream or milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 8X8" square pan with heavy-duty foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Crush 12 0z of the cookies in gallon ziplock or food processor until crumbly but not powdered.
- Add butter and salt, mix to combine.
- Press firmly into even layer into pan, bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make top layer--melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler or microwave until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Lower oven to 325.
- Make filling: With hand-held mixer, blend filling ingredients til smooth and creamy.
- Back to brownie layer--when chocolate has cooled a bit, blend sugar and egg with hand-held mixer or whisk til creamy and pale.
- Slowly add melted chocolate mixture until well blended, then gently fold in flour mixture.
- Assemble: When crust is done, spread cream cheese mixture carefully over top, making an even layer.
- Pour brownie batter over top, trying not to disturb the cream cheese layer--you DO NOT wants swirls. (A small offset spatula works well for this.)
- Crush or chop remaining cookies coarsely, sprinkle them over the top, and press in gently.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes*, until toothpick comes out with just a few brownie crumbs and no visible cream cheese. Do not overbake.
- Cool an hour at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Store in fridge.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- mikku Riyad, Jeddah
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- momtojillnphil Lincoln Park, MI
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- koomalootz Sault Ste Marie, CA
- marley84 Naperville, IL
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- chefsuz Livermore, CA
- minichiwi Bogota, CO
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookearthwatersunwind San Diego, CA
The Rating8 people
OMG. This sounds heavenly yet very sinful. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yum! I'm going to try this for the next bake sale! Bet they'll be popular!momtojillnphil in Lincoln Park loved it
absolutely yummy..magali777 in Mexico loved it