TrifleFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- 20cm sponge cake shopping list
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam shopping list
- Pastry cream: shopping list
- 2 cups fresh milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 125 g caster sugar shopping list
- 50 g cornstarch shopping list
- 100 g butter shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream whipped with 2 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 1 cup strawberry, halved shopping list
- ¼ cup strawberry , diced shopping list
- 10 pavlova nests, chopped coarsely shopping list
- ¼ cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Make pastry cream first:
- In a saucepan, bring milk and vanilla to a simmer. In another bowl beat egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch into a smooth paste. Slowly add hot milk. Pour the custard back into the saucepan and continue cooking over low heat until thick and bubbly. Add butter and turn off the heat. Chill… Fold in the whipped cream and chill again.
- Meanwhile split cake in half, spread bottom half with jam. Cut into 3 cm pieces. Cut the other half of cake into 3 cm pieces but leave them plain. Arrange Plain cake pieces in the bottom of a 3.5 litre dish. Arrange enough halved strawberry to cover all around the first layer. Spoon half of the cream mixture over the cake pieces. Sprinkle with half of diced strawberry and chopped pavlova nests. Again arrange halved strawberry around the second layer.
- Arrange jam cake pieces over the cream and repeat layering in same manner until you reach the top of the dish.
- Decorate with whipped cream and meringue nests.Chill for 2-3 hours.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
Too too wonderful! What a treat and the pictures are great, my friend. Chef Ahmed! King of Desserts. A palate pleaser...^5 my friend. Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
this is great Ahmed, so fresh for this time of the year, also looks beautiful, I love it, thanks for sharing.
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
Mmm looks really yummy!chriesi in Zuerich loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!