Vidalia Onion SoupFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 large vidalia onions, sliced shopping list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 5 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1 loaf French bread, cut diagonally into shopping list
- 1-inch slices and toasted shopping list
- 8 to 12 slices swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat on stovetop.
- Add Vidalia onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add garlic; continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- When onions reach a light caramel color, add sherry; cook until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in chicken broth, thyme, bay leaf, and hot sauce.
- When mixture returns to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and let soup simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls, arrange 1 or 2 slices bread on top, and top with 2 slices Swiss cheese.
- Place bowls on a baking sheet.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
I HAVE TO BE A COPYCAT - I LOVE VADILIA ONIONS , TOO - HAVE YOU NOTICED RED ONIONS ARE ALL OVER
THE PLACE - BRING BACK VADALIA'S - LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
I love Vidalia onions so this soup sounds fantastic to me!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Pure comfort.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Comfort Foods770 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Anything Goes286 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Family Favorites140 members
Home Cooking57 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Traditional Recipes30 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Heat In The Kitchen315 members