Orange Meringue PieFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- 1 9" pre-made graham cracker crust shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 egg yolks-beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar shopping list
- 6 tablespoon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar,cornstarch,and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in orange juice and water until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir 1/4 cup of hot filling into egg yolks.
- Return all to saucepan.
- Stirring constantly,bring mixture back to a gentle boil,cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice,orange peel and butter.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a small mixing bowl on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully spoon meringue over filling,sealing edges to crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour the refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating4 people
this. sounds. sooo. good! you def. have my 5!!!cheerleadergrl246 in Mankato loved it
will have to give this a try .....great postgrizzlybear in loved it
Yum, this sounds really good. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it